Linlithgow had a small town museum by the late 19th century. It was housed in the Burgh Hall and contained a small collection of local antiquities. The contents of this museum are recorded in an appendix to Waldie's History of the town, Most significant among the material listed are the weights and measures most of which are now in collections of the National Museum of Scotland. The town's collection was augmented in 1904 when the collection, created by Christopher Dawson; schoolmaster at Abercorn between 1846 and 1889, was bequethed to the town following Dawson's death the previous year.
143 High Street, Linlithgow, EH49 7EJ. 01506 670677